FRANKLIN HEATING: NEWS
Purchasing a new heating and cooling system is one of the largest investments in your home. You want to ensure you are getting the most for your investment, talk to your HVAC contractor about your equipment warranty. When you purchase a new heating or air conditioning system, you receive a limited warranty from the manufacturer.
Your HVAC warranty helps to protect your investment. HVAC system warranties are different for each brand and can depend on the grade of equipment. Some brands offer extended warranty terms, while some brands only offer a base warranty. Many brands require your new equipment to be registered within 30-90 days from the date of installation to be valid.
Here are a few things that apply to most warranties:
1. Warranties begin from the date of purchase or the date of installation.
2. The data plate on your unit will contain the model and serial numbers used to register your equipment.
3. The equipment warranty is from the manufacturer, not the HVAC installer. You can call any licensed professional to service the unit and still honor the equipment parts warranty.
You might not realize that it is possible to void your HVAC Labor warranty. Here are a few tips to ensure your equipment stays covered:
1. Call the company that installed the unit to make repairs. You may save a few dollars by using the handyman next door, but it can put you at risk of voiding your labor warranty. Franklin Heating Cooling & Refrigeration provides a 1-year labor warranty on our installations.
2. Register the HVAC equipment with the manufacturer in the required amount of time. Many brands require registration to get the full term of a warranty. Check with your HVAC contractor to see who will be registering your new equipment. Here at Franklin
Heating Cooling & Refrigeration, we register the equipment for you.
3. Schedule an annual maintenance checkup.
4. Keep records of all service receipts and related paperwork to provide proof of the maintenance services performed.
Franklin Heating Cooling & Refrigeration Inc. is recognized all over Central Ohio for our expert service, maintenance, and installation of heating and air conditioning equipment.
Whether you have an emergency, need an upgrade to your equipment, the experts at Franklin Heating Cooling & Refrigeration are committed to finding maximum comfort for your budget.
Call us at 614-836-9119 with your next HVAC or Refrigeration project. You will see what our service is all about.